K-DEER is a conscious, equal opportunity employer seeking highly motivated, proactive individuals to join our team. K-DEER Design and Office Headquarters is based in Westwood, a suburb of New York City in Bergen County, New Jersey. Please be aware of our geographic location and note that all job postings are for full-time, salaried, in-office positions.
DESIGN ASSOCIATE TO CREATIVE DIRECTOR
We are looking for an enthusiastic design associate to aid the team in accomplishing the daily needs of the design process. Working alongside our Creative Director, Trine, you will be helping with print development, image editing and creation, photography, trend research, graphic design and social media content creation. You must have experience and skills in Photoshop and Illustrator in order to be considered. We can’t wait to see your portfolio!
Your mission, if you choose to accept it: Be proactive, a quick learner and pay close attention to detail as you help our badass design team manage all things creative. It’s kind of like being a superhero, ok, a Photoshop Superhero.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Head designer in daily creative and administrative tasks
- Website: Manage the organization of images for editing post photoshoots. Color matching to prints, scaling/resizing/formatting, loading images to backend of site, making banners for top of pages, landing page layouts and product listing image formatting.
- Graphic Design: print development, hangtag redesign, new labels, ad layouts, code cards, post cards, sale signage, flyers, wholesale collateral materials, packaging updates
- Sourcing: printing, hangtags, trims, collateral materials, marketing swag, etc
- Social Media: IG, FB, Twitter, Pinterest: Adding graphics to photos, freshen up layouts, create outfit ideas, develop content to share, keep up on trends within the platforms for greatest ROI
- Linesheets: develop season linesheets every 2 months, share imagery/ads with PR company, sales team and help develop any art they request for sales and marketing
- Keep organized seasonal library of projects and photography on Google Drive
- 3-5 years experience as design assistant
- Degree with CAD qualifications. Fashion/textiles studies.
- Knowledge of textiles, prints, fashion and fitness
- Must be a creative, outside-the-box thinker.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, photo retouching, Microsoft programs and all things Google
- Experience, personal or professional, in social media platforms
- Ability to listen and incorporate ideas into new designs or products
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks simultaneously, working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must adhere to calendar. Excellent time management and organization skills. Ability to work under tight timelines while managing multiple priorities.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical benefits including health, vision and dental
- Optional 401K
- Competitive PTO policy
- Down to earth office environment, fitness class benefits and awesome office snacks
The K-DEER Culture
We are a family run business and if you’re not already related, you will feel like a part of this family in no time. Our offices are in a cool suburban community called Westwood in northern NJ, about 40 minutes from midtown NYC or 20 from the GWB and Tappan Zee. We value compassion, personal growth, honesty, empathy and positivity. We're an economically sound business that is motivated by measures beyond the bottom-line. Our philanthropic work is important to us and we look for ways to participate beyond our financial donations. We love what we’re doing, why we're doing it and work hard to reach our goals together. We are committed and dedicated to the K-DEER brand and the positive change we are making in the world.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and please make sure to include a resume, cover letter with salary requirements and your online portfolio. We would love to hear your unique story and how you can contribute to our success!